2005-09-20

 

.NET 2003/Crystal Report 9 --Error Creating Control CrystalReportViewer1

.NET 2003/Crystal Report Enterprise 9


from http://www.codecomments.com/ASP_.NET_Building_Controls/message418518.html I see a potential problem with two versions of CrystalDecisions .DLLs on you r machine (9.1.5000.0 and 9.2.3300.0).

I saw this on my PC as well when I or iginally installed CR 9 Pro then later upgraded to CR9 Developer. I uninstal led Crystal Reports, then deleted ALL files that related to it (\Program Fil es\Common Files\Crystal Decisions).

I reinstalled only CR 9 Developer leaving only version 9.2.3300.0 files.

Now to correct your problem:

1. Open your project in Visual Studio, go to 'Project', 'Add Reference'.

2. Click the 'Browse' button.

3. Browse to the folder '\Program Files\Crystal Decisions\Crystal Reports 9' . Click on the file 'CrystalDecisions.VSDesigner.dll' then click 'Open'.

4. Drop a new CrystalReportViewer control onto your form.

There should now b e no errors.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?